Modification Of a Custody and Parenting Time Agreement

Has your life changed in a way that makes it impossible to uphold your current child residence and parenting time agreement? It is very important to speak to an attorney who can help you take appropriate measures to adjust your parenting schedule.

There are several reasons why a parent may need to modify a child residence and parenting time agreement, including career changes or parental relocation to another state. In order to legally modify a child residence and parenting time agreement, both parents must agree. If that is not possible, then you must file a petition in the Family Court or file a motion with the Supreme Court.

The ease of adjusting your child residence and parenting schedule will depend in part on whether your child’s other parent accepts the changes. If he or she agrees to it, it will likely be a straightforward process. If not, call us to help you show a court why the change is in the best interest of your child. Don’t forget that a change in residence or parenting time may also require a modification of a child support agreement or order.

Call for more information. 516 319-2000.

%d bloggers like this: